Friday, October 27, 2006

Where's Waldo?

I'm here, I promise I am. I took a week to run away from home and hang out with some dear friends. With all that's going on, on the baby front I needed a week to just sit on someone else's couch and ruminate what I want to do.

I was a bad girl though, I didn't tell my parents or my brother that I was there. I stayed at a friend's with her boyfriend and daughter. I read a ton of books, got in tickle fights with the kiddo, went on a crazy shopping fest to find the perfect clothes to NOT wear on TV, spent the day shopping with another good friend and made obscene (well I didn't know they were until after everyone started laughing) comments to poor ole Wubbie.

This week was great, a ton of belly laughs, snorts and chortles. It also gave me the time to think about babies, meds and all that crap. The meds he wants me to take, Lupron...I don't wanna take it. There are some serious icky side effects and pitfalls to taking the medication. I reviewed several studies on treating endomitriosis and none, NONE of them advocate the use of hormonal supression to treat endo patients who are trying to conceive. Oh and this stuff has to be back treated with estrogen (eventhough it supresses estrogen) in order to keep it from causing serious bone density loss. The thing that scares me the most is that some women with Lupron have ovarian failure - meaning that after treatment their ovaries don't get a clue and don't start to function again. I sure as hell wouldn't want to fake menopause to turn around and have it happen for real because of a drug I took.

So I plan on asking him not to use it, that I refuse to take it and want other alternatives for treatment. Well really I want is for him to look around in there and if there isn't widespread endo, remove it surgically and send me on my way. If he doesn't agree or won't work with me on a treatment that I am comfortable with my PCM (I talked to her last night) will send me on for a second opinion.

Oh poor, poor Unkie Wubbie.....I swear I didn't mean what I said at least not in the gutter way you all took it as....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are always our best advocates when it comes to patient care. Tough choices and lots of things to think about. If you need a shoulder or an ear, you know where I am.

Anonymous said...

Unkie Wubbie is scarred for life. I saw him last night...I tell you he is torn up man! lol! He probably doesn't remember. But I will always remember and have that to hold over your head for life! Come back soon!

Rachelle Jones said...

I am praying all goes well....I really am...