Sunday, June 12, 2005

Trust your gut

Ever have one of those gut feelings and dismissed it? Sometimes you meet people and they come across okay. So you go out on a limb and start to build a relationship with them, beyond the normal course of business that brought you into their sphere. In general you putter about, content enjoying the friendship you found. Then some where in that relationship out surfaces a kink, it’s minor so you dismiss it. Unfortunately you will later regret dismissing your gut reaction.

I had a friend of mine cross the line and break trust. I just feel heavy hearted and introspective. I had a “squicky” feeling a few years ago, a seemly innocent incident and dismissed it. Even the spouse said that it had to be benign and to let it go. I wish I hadn’t as now I can’t say that I like this. Even with a discussion about it all, things are still tense (well as least for me as there’s no trust). I trust him about as far as I can throw a VW bug.

You would just expect people that are your friends to be there to help you and protect you from the perils of the world while the spouse is gone protecting a nation, instead you get hit with a cheap shot sucker punch and an apology that was so thin I could read through it like tissue paper. Human nature pisses me off sometimes, you read about the average male or female and you laugh thinking that these statistics are some how not really valid. Then you witness and become a statistic of human behavior.

Why are people so predictable? I am angry with myself, and this situation. It just pisses me off that people think it is okay to violate your trust, (in fact almost blow it off as a moot point like nothing really happened) and then blame it on something else.

Why didn’t I listen to my gut instinct? Always trust your gut.

2 comments:

CaliValleyGirl said...

I'm impressed, even in times of anger and disappointment you are still able to come up with some good similies.
"I trust him about as far as I can throw a VW bug."
"an apology that was so thin I could read through it like tissue paper."
Nice...
You know, it's interesting you should say that about gut instinct. There is this one person that I met a while back, and have only had good experiences with her...but something tells me not to trust her. And you have just reaffirmed that.

Household6 said...

The smilies are more snarkies! They are little digs because I am still very emotionally charged on this issue.

Household6
AKA Miss Stella