Tuesday, June 14, 2005

MilBloggers beware

I knew it wouldn’t take long before the military decided to crack down on bloggers in some shape or form. The memo can be found here. For me this is total crap. Over 95% of the bloggers I’ve been reading don’t compromise OPSEC or CAO notification. So registering your blog is just another form of censorship.

I am having images of how letters used to show up in WWII back home – letters filled with little rectangles cut out of them to remove information that may be considered sensitive and how will this relate to a Milblogger's post. Will there be little black bars over the "sensitive" parts or just what the Military finds offensive? Gee, I guess there will be a ton of soldiers who will have to take the sensitivity training for others again as a remedial course. People will find away around this, just in case the Army hasn’t figured that out yet.

No comments: