Friday, May 06, 2005

Lousy Luck & Better Days

Well, I started my day off from work as happy as can be. Its was a great day actually. I decided instead of registering the car (its due in July), I was going to take a total "me" day. I had breakfast with a friend and we started milling about doing nothing major other than look for things to spend money on.

Just about halfway through the morning I get a phone call from my friend's brother - guess who's having surgery again? Yep Miss A. The poor girl, its been joked that they just need to sew in a zipper on her. Her gastric bypass has gone wonky. The normal tummy has the incoming pipe on the left and the outgoing on the bottom right. When they do the surgery they staple the tummy down to a small blob and then move the outgoing tube to the small portion. Hers for some reason it leaking into the unused portion of her tummy and with no where for that leakage to go its going to eventually make her ill and give her all sorts of nasty problems.

So of course I instantly say okay well if the hubby can't come home, me and the dog will just make camp in your house for the two weeks you will be in the hospital to keep the boys on track and out of trouble. Once again I got to call SGM S who was in the middle of a promotion ceremony and could barely hear me. I told him Miss A would be calling and the surgery is for her this time.

There wasn't really anything else I could do but just continue with my day. They checked in a few times and I picked up the eldest son and took him home after work that night.

Some people have rotten luck, but strangely enough she said she wouldn't change her choice to have the original surgery for all the world.

More power to you darling!

No comments: