Sunday, August 05, 2007

So she just doesn't swear like a sailor

During a quiet moment I did trot over to the blog one of the Anon's mentioned. I've read her before, but had no idea she was pregnant. Although I swear a lot more than she does she's had similar issues:

We are starting to have a little bitty routine. I usually have to wake him up every 2-3 hours to nurse. We nurse, do a diaper change, nurse a little more, then back to sleep. Exciting, huh! The first two days home, we couldn't get him to fall asleep on his back at all. Jon actually had to sleep on the floor the first night with Tanner on his chest! It's hard not being able to ever put your baby down! Last night, after beginning the night on the couch with Tanner sleeping on MY chest, I was trying all I could think of to get him to go down in his crib or his pack and play without screaming. (I even tried a pacifier, which is a no-no in those early breastfeeding days! -- Thankfully, he wasn't at all interested.) Finally, I figured out that if you swaddled him with his arms out, after his diaper change, before going back to nursing, he will fall asleep peacefully and allow me to put him in his crib. Thank the LORD!!! Hopefully, this continues to work. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board!

She just didn't chose to write out her frustrations, she wrote after the fact in a calmer manner than I. BUT read people our issues were still the same - setting up a routine and figuring out how to get him to have a little independance without banishing him to the back of the orphanage. (I'm just not going to let that one go am I)

Имейте большой день!

No comments: