Thursday, November 23, 2006

Count your blessings

One year ago I was feeling sorry for myself while half drunk in a hotel in Cairo. Yes I know what horrible life I led, vacationing in Egypt during Thanksgiving. But I was sad because I was alone - I didn't get to share the experience with the hubby, I was missing him and decided to at least have a little fun with it. Here's my post from last year.

Thanksgiving Thoughts -

This is a little out of order but that's because I am still using a 35mm camera and have not gone digital yet. I need to wait for the billion photos to be developed.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I drew this on hotel stationary in my room on Thanksgiving and emailed it from my phone to my hubby. I figured if he couldn't be with me I could at least let him know that I was thinking about him. I fashioned my turkey after the ones you used to make as a kid by tracing your hand and adding feet and the cockscomb. He called the day after I returned home and he mentioned that he got this...he thought it was cute and that he wants a new phone when he gets back so he can do goofy stuff like this.

I didn't take a photo before I sent it, but I also sent him a special present for Thanksgiving.....No they aren't nude photos but it was a tin with little leaves cut out in fall colours. I wrote out a bunch of reasons for why I am thankful for him. I also included a few from the dog for why she is thankful for him. It was an idea I borrowed from someone else and I think it went over well. He wants to try and do something like that back but he doesn't know how yet....he figured I didn't want a box of rocks since that's the most abundant supply of things other than sand.

....Saldy I happen to agree, no rocks but the sentiment is very nice.



I am very thankful to have my spouse home with me this year. I know next year I will either be very lucky and have him home again or he will be back in the sandbox. So this year, especially with the addition of the Bean means a hell of a lot to me.

Count your blessings & Be good to each other!

No comments: