Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October 3, 1998

As the piper played a tune I didn't recognize, I took the arm of my father and started to walk towards the man I would spend the rest of my life with. The weather was nice, geese wandered behind me (I worried about them taking a poo on my dress) and I stood in front of my best friend, the man who makes me laugh and told the world that he was mine.

Eight years later, he still drives me nuts. He takes the last of the creamer and doesn't tell me until after I have poured my coffee, he leaves his socks under the coffee table and uses the last of the dental floss on the day I have to be somewhere.

He turned down a command for my health and my job, which could have been detrimental for his career. He picked duty stations that would foster my ability to continue my career. He's picked up soda I like "just because." And with my current medical things going on he told me that regardless of what happens, that I will always be enough family for him to grow old with.

I love you...Here's to another eight years laughing our asses off all the way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had to pick Shakespear! That is all I have to say. I remember your wedding and I know the couple you are today. You two are perfect for each other today and always. Congrats on another year, but we all knew they would keep coming!

Heidi said...

That is so sweet . . . you mean he doesn't leave his sweaty PT clothing in the bathroom floor? Happy Anniversary . . . many more!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Anniversary!