Saturday, July 01, 2006

On the ground & running

We said our goodbye's to Detuscheland for the last time. Yesterday's flight was long but we are finally on the ground. I am mixed about how I feel.

As I drove across the bridge to the East Bay, I had to laugh. The whole last leg of the trip from DWF to SFO all we talked about was going to In n Out Burger. A hamberger versus a Frickadelle never tasted so good! Now we have to hit a Wendy's so I can dip my fries in my Frosty and I will be set for quite a while.

It's sad to be leaving a place we actually got to stay in for six years but it's great to be in a place where you can speak without thinking about what you want to say. I never thought I'd say it but while talking to someone about our experiences in Germany I called it 'home.' You adapt, you learn to deal with what you can't stand and you learn to love where you are. We will miss good beer, assigned seating in the theatre, not worrying about idiots passing you on the right, and a few other things.

I'm still homeless for the next month or so but will be staying with folks that have a faster connection than my folks do. Maybe I can upload a few new pictures soon. I really want my stuff, my bed and just to inspect what the idiot packers broke while pretending to be a moving company.

Be nice to each other, I 'll check in as often as I can.....Honey can we go to Wendys now?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Those frosties are the best!