Friday, June 24, 2005

The five things I just don't get...

I was blogchain-lettered which actually makes me feel pretty good, so there other people besides me and my brother that read my blog - ha, ha, ha. I could really name much more than 5 things but here goes:

1. Road contsruction/repair in Germany. In CA they only do the work after rush hour and into the night. Here they start at 0600 and work until 1800. Considering Germany has mostly two lane roadways you get stuck in traffic jam after jam. It's pretty sad when you have a conversation with the car next to you and you've seen them in the same jam for the last three days!

2. Screens or the lack there of...Most if not almost all places in Germany do NOT have air conditioning or screens. I can get used to the heat or even grab the dog and drive around in the car for an hour. What I can't or hate dealing with are the creepy crawlers that come in because of the open window and non-existant screen. I finally bought some temporary stuff so I can leave my bedroom window open at night without fear of being eaten alive.

3. With girls that look like boys and that's supposed to be sexy? What ever happened to big boobs, small waist and curvy hips as being considered sexy. I am still a little overweight (But I am a loser), but seriously if I were to be as skinny as some of the celebrities I see, you would think I was related to Mr. Burns from the Simpsons or least run me to the hospital before I die of a tapeworm.

4. MTV. Does anyone remember when MTV actually played vidoes? You know back in the day where I watched Billy Idol sing "white wedding" before driving to school in the morning. It seems that videos just didn't cut the marketing and profit margins of MTV, so maybe they should change their name to RTV instead? (Reality TV)

5. Reality marriage/date shows. I can see Survivor, The Apprentice and even the Swan as things that are okay subjects for reality TV. What I don't get is why date on national TV, with 6-8 other girls or guys to attempt to marry someone in 6 weeks? Maybe I am just too pragmatic but can you really fall in love with all that crap going on in 6 weeks?

I don't know enough people to pick 5 so I have only 3 - CalleyValleyGirl, The Girl and I am really curious to see what MJ has to say.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hahahahahaha........thanks for the tag.

You want me to post it here or on my blog?

CaliValleyGirl said...

Just found this...right now at 4AM in the morning...I can't sleep, because of various reasons, and I figured it was time to get up to date on blogs...I'll get on it!

Anonymous said...

On your site MJ. :-)