Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some things don't mix

I was trying to be creative and help out Oz. The doctor approved apple juice for his constipation kinda messes up his eating. It lubricated his colon and softens his stool but it doesn't do much for making him feel full, but does take up space in his tummy so he can't eat a full meal. I try and stick it in, inbetween meals but that doesn't always work well and he either doesn't eat enough formula or eats it all and upchucks.

So while talking to his cousin's mom I thought it would be a good idea to put the juice in the bottle in place of some water. It mixed well and looked like it would be a good solution. I was so wrong! While grabbing a bottle this morning to feed Oz - I saw it. It was the grossest looking mess. The juice, water and formula had seperated and looked like a bizarre B52 shot from my college days. Needless to say you know I threw it out - blech!

So boys and girls applie juice and formula don't mix - lesson learned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rotf!!! I swear I love you. too funny. That could also be that you premake bottles. I'll chat with my sis about what she is doing..though they use prune juice, as he prefers it...strange child! Hugs.

Fermina Daza said...

I meant to comment a while back...drop me an email when you get a chance and we can chat about constipation. Both of my kids have had issues and still deal with them. Maybe their experiences can help Oz.


homefrontsix-at-yahoo-dot-com



And he is utterly adorable!