Monday, May 29, 2006

I remember

I remember as a child admiring the medals and ribbons of my Grandfather and later the stories he told of storming the beaches of Normandy.

I remember the sparkle in my father's eye and the devilish smile on his lips as he recounts the wild nights and even wilder poker games he played in while serving in the Navy.

I remember reading the comical short stories written by my Father in law of his time in Vietnam.

I remember Cpt Sims and his spouse Heidi, cheering her on with every accomplishment as she is Learning to Live all over again after the loss of her spouse in Iraq.

I remember Spc Maupin and the heartache of his family who still endure a fate unknown.

I remember.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I like your 'I remember' post . . . simple words but so beautiful!
-Heidi