Thursday, June 09, 2005

What's wrong with fiesty?

I had to laugh at myself today. I caught a glimpse of my arm and after seeing the multiple bruises left by my over zealous partner in karate the day before I started to think better of calling for the doctors appointment I need. The left side has one bruise that covers a small space spread out into a long thin rectangle. My right arm has three or so bruises spread out over the radius where I make contact with my partner’s punches.

The last time I went in to the doctor was for my annual exam and was a day or so after testing at the dojo. I was covered in bruises on my arms, a few in the ribs, knees and a small ‘shiner’ I received while free fighting. Of course doing his proper duty the doc asks me if I am in fear of my life at home. I crack up laughing and tell him what I do as a hobby, ensuring him that my spouse had never lifted his hand to me ever, not even in jest. I even promised to provide pictures of my school with my Sensei if he didn't believe me.

So I just sit here and laugh at myself. I have the worst timing sometimes and need to not succumb to the feisty little ‘tomboy’ in me who doesn’t mind the bruising as long as it provides a great story to recant later.

...Let me tell you about the time I was fighting this guy in class and when I was pulling him out of the ring he turned and…

No comments: