Monday, November 13, 2006

Man of the Year

As I have mentioned before, I am a little frustrated with current politics. The dems are trying to relive their Halcion days hanging out as far left as they are and the Repubs are so far right that I'm sure the collalition will be sending me to hell in a handbasket for thinking such thoughts.

I still wish that the parties wouldn't force their candidates to subvert their views in order to meet the platform of their party. It's like the Borgs from Star Trek - "You will be assimilated, resistance is futile." Once they get the party's nomination, their views must become that of the party as a whole. Unfortunately both parties are at such polar extremes that my voting often becomes one where I vote for the lesser of the two evils.

With my frustrations over politics growing,nothing hit home more this weekend than this movie.



Nothing made me cry or laugh harder than listening to the jokes Robin Williams delivered throughout this movie. Everything from the public debates, the advertising funding for the smear ads to homeland security was all up for grabs. All of the cracks and jokes he made ran true for me.

If you have a chance, rent it, go see it or buy it. If the current state of politics drives you as crazy as it does me - this really is a must.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really need to start a list of movies to rent (b/c lets be honest...I won't make it to a theater for another thirteen years or so to see a movie I want to)...

And all I have to say is thank goodness that the political smear campaigns are over for the year...now we have the presidential bickering to live with...