Sunday, July 24, 2005

Good news for the anal retentive impared

Well the good news is that I am feeling a little better about our prospects should the hubby not get into “finishing” school next June. We talked this weekend about options that we thought of on our own and found about 3 that we would be willing to take together.

My neighbor was kind enough to offer to be a translator should I have to go into genetic testing while over here. She’s not a “certified medical” translator but she is certified for normal correspondence. She also understands where I am coming from due to similar circumstances of her own.

There are a few alternatives he talked about as well that would include him going to the post of his finishing school and doing silly jobs until its time for school a year later. The other one is to volunteer to be some kind of instructor for training that’s at the same post. This requires a ton of TDY but my really good friend in Germany would only be an hour away so it wouldn’t be bad in the event of an emergency.

I hate being so anal retentive but I am so happy that we have found and decided upon plans A through D. At least this way we can meet his career goals and needs for him and our family while still meeting our own family goals of

a) having children
b) not being 60 when they graduate from high school

3 comments:

Chris said...

And your goals?

Household6 said...

MJ the man is pretty good, I can't complain one bit about him. He has turned down jobs (which is a career killer in the Army most times) just to help me. We could be in Italy right now but I'd never find another job.

I am in a job that I love in my field of study. I am also a fulltime graduate student, just over halfway done with a 3.8 GPA. I want kids and personally don't want to be 60 when they graduate from highschool.

He's really good about making sure that we both get what we want or the closest thing to it.

HH6

Chris said...

That's cool. I'm sure it's hard as hell being without him.